[Zope-dev] Mail access via ZOPE (IMP?)

Jonas Juselius jonas@iki.fi
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:05:51 +0200

Hello,

Is anybody working on IMAP mail support for Zope?

I just had look at WorldPilot (http://www.worldpilot.com), and found it
inflexible and impossible to integrate (at least without rewriting a
substantial part of the code) with the rest of my site. It is basically just
one big object which cannot be configured in any way. Also, it includes lots
of stuff like calendars, ToDos, and more which IMHO belong in the Portal
toolkit.

What I'm looking for (or requesting, since I simply don't have the time to
write it myself ;), is something like IMP for php, but for Zope. An IMAP
product written in a modular way so that it's look and feel can be customized,
a bit like the Portal toolkit. I have users who travel a lot, and it would be
really nice for them to be able to access their mail via the web while
aborad...

Best regards,
                jonas

--