[Zope-dev] Performance

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:37:18 -0500

Bill, neat analysis.

Chad, you'll probably be concerned with peak performance.  I don't have
any replicable stats on Zope performance, but we run Zope.org on a a
single PIII-500 with an IDE hard disk and 256MB of RAM.  It receives on
average about 2 million hits a month, which translates into about 1
million page views a month (we have only three widely-viewed graphics on
the site).

We have stats that show averaged over a one-hour period, it can handle
at least 30 page views/sec.  Not burning-rubber, but respectable.  Note
that this is only indicative of what it *has* handled without
significant impact, not what it *can* handle.

Peak speed will obviously also be influenced by hardware decisions.

<plug>
We also sell ZEO (Zope Enterprise Option) which is a combination of
service and software that allows you to spread load across multiple Zope
instances.  You may need it, I'm not sure.  See
http://www.digicool.com/Solutions/ZEOFactSheet.pdf for more info or
email Paul Everitt (mailto:paul@digicool.com)
</plug>