[Zope-dev] Accessing root object

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:53:13 -0500

From: Robert Sander [mailto:gurubert@gurubert.de]

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 05:57:37PM -0600, Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> > You should be able to do the same::
> >
> >  OFS.Application.Application.theORB = CORBA.orb_init(
> sys.argv ) # or whatever
>
> Hm, that does not work. I fI do this in the __init__.py of my
> product, my
> entire ZOPE system is not working any more. Should the object
> be pickable?
> Or should that only be done when instantiating an object from
> my product?

The ZopeStudio method is not applied in __init__.py, but in the module
itself. I import the Application module, and modify the class. Not
recommended for objects, only for new class methods. See my other reply
for a better method.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149