[Zope-dev] Zope as a proxy - cache server

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 05:48:23 -0500

From: Sin Hang Kin [mailto:kentsin@macau.ctm.net]

> Can I use zope as a proxy / cache server? Does it require to
> make changes on
> the zserver code or just zclient is enough?

ZServer will have to be changed to parse out and make available the
protocol, host and port number parts of the request.

Currently, ZServer adhers closely to the HTTP RFC by allowing only
requests of the form '[METHOD] [/path] HTTP/[version]'. Proxy requests
are of the form '[METHOD] [Full URL] HTTP/[version]', where [Full URL]
is something like http://a.host.address/path.

There may be other issues, this is one I know of.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149