[Zope-dev] how can prevent toXML output <?xml ?>

Sin Hang Kin iekentsin@infoez.com.mo
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:48:34 +0800

Thanks to Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>, I can sent out any sub-tree of
an xml document now.

The problem is :

when toXML apply to the xmldocument root, it gives the <?xml ?> tag also.
How can I prevent this? or How can I detect if it is the root so the dtml
method does not insert the <? xml  tag?

Now, I still got the following:

1. embed the <dtml-> tags inside the xmlDocument. and make the toXML render
them before making it a xml file. However, the currently dtml-var does not
accept ending / or </dtml-var>, that is the problem
2. make other zope objects response to toXML which I think since we can
export them in xml format, it is possible, isn't it?
3. XMLDocument does not receive utf-8 encoding correctly.
4. Zcatalogue does not like utf-8 encoding especially chinese, japanese,
korean, ...