[Zope-dev] Transactions

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 05:24:51 -0500

From: Petr Knapek [mailto:knapek@knapek.pvt.net]
> Hi Zopists,
> is there any possibility to put more information into transaction
> description inside the UNDO tab in the manage screen? I am using Zope
> 2.1.3 version. I think, that additional information such object type
> (DTML Method, DTML Document ...) and what was made with this object
> could help.

That is not really possible, as a transaction can comprise much more
than creating or changeing one object. I can add, delete, and change
several objects at once.

In fact, even just adding an object, changes the container it is added
to. And then, if the object is CatalogAware, the catalog gets updated as
well. All in one transaction.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149