[Zope-dev] ExtensionClass question

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:32:07 -0800

James,

I read your message but at the time it wasn't quite clear to me what was
needed.  I'm no ExtensionClass expert, but I might be able to help.

Since your developing a large C extension module and I'm not, I'm going
on the assumption that you know more about this than I do, but I was
under the impression that classes cannot be defined in C, only types.
Therefore, I'm not sure exactly how one would 'subclass' in C, or how
one generalizes one C type with another.  It is possible of course to
create a type that is an extension class, as detailed in the extension
class docs and examples.  Perhaps you could explain what you need
better?

Your second question about inheriting methods is beyond me.  Or perhaps
I don't get the question.

-Michel