[Zope-dev] XMLDocument - Importing XML and assigning IDs to r esulting nodes

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:59:18 -0500

> How do I import an XML document such that the IDs of the
> resulting nodes is
> derived from an attribute associated with the source XML tags.
>
> Ive tried using <tag id="foo"> but I get the following error:
>
> Error Type: Bad Request
> Error Value: Invalid or duplicate property id
>
> Is there a way to do this, or are the nodes of an imported
> XML file destined
> to be given cryptic, numbered IDs?

Unfortunately right now you cannot control the IDs of the nodes. This is
a big problem with the current implementation. We definitely plan to fix
this in later implementations. This problem along with a number of
others are why XML Document is currently considered 'alpha' quality.

-Amos

--
Amos Latteier         mailto:amos@digicool.com
Digital Creations     http://www.digicool.com