[Zope-dev] using the monitor - anyone have any tips???

Damian Morton morton@dennisinter.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:50:17 -0500

Im using the monitor extensively to explore the running Zope application.
Its an amazingly usefull tool. I mentioned in an earlier post the need for
an object browser (as opposed to a class browser). Until theres a nice
graphical object browser available, Im wondering if anyone has any tips on
how to create a function that will display all of the methods and attributes
available for a given object.

I can quite happily traverse the object and its inheritance tree using
obj.__dict__ and obj.__class__.__dict__ and obj.__class__.__bases__ and
such, but there seem to be a whole bunch of attributes and methods available
for objects that I can only guess at. I assume they are acquired rather than
inherited. Not being really familiar with acquisition (even after reading
all the available docs), any tips on how best to traverse the acquisition
path on my search for attributes and methods would be greatly appreciated.