[Zope-dev] first release of repozo.py available (was Re: [Zope-dev] simple revision control(?) for Data.fs.)

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:35:36 +1100

ok, a first release of repozo.py is up at

http://www.zope.org/Members/anthony/software/repozo.py

This makes backups of your ZODB (Data.fs) file when run with -S,
only storing the full file when necessary. When run with -R it will
recover the data.fs file as at the specified date.

Run with -v to have it talk to you and tell you what it's doing and why.

More docs to come.

caveat emptor: this sucker is really very very new - and the code's
pretty grotty. but I have to go home now, so I thought I'd fling out a
quick release.

Usage:
    -S --store                  backup current ZODB file
    -R --recover                restore stored ZODB file

Flags for --store and --recover:
    -z file --zodb=file         ZODB file (default var/Data.fs)
    -r dir --repository=dir     repository directory (default /opt/zope/saveDir)
    -v --verbose                verbose mode - say what's happening

Flags for --store:
    -F --force                  force a full ZODB backup

Flags for --recover:
    -D str --date=str           recover state as at this date. str in format
                                yyyy-mm-dd[-hh[-mm]]
    -o file --output=file       write recovered ZODB to file (default Data.fs.recover)

Current todo list:
. support gzipped files
. filter non-repozo files from the repository
. store files in a hierarchy of directories (by date) rather than one
huge directory