[Zope-dev] simple revision control(?) for Data.fs.

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:59:51 +1100

>>> Chris McDonough wrote
> How about exporting the root object as XML for inclusion in versioning?
> Awkward, yes.

It's not clear to me _how_ you'd do this. I guess an external method
could do it. Aside from the inability to turn these back into Data.fs
files, didn't someone mention at some point that the XML exports weren't
properly formed XML? Or was it that there was no DTD for them?

Having said that, IBM had some software for doing proper diffs of XML
documents, so if it _was_ possible to export the root object (or, better
yet, convert the on-disk ZODB file directly into XML, so that you get to
keep the old versions &c around), it would be way cool.

Anthony