[Zope-dev] ASP vs Zope vs PHP vs ..?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:46:54 -0500

The one how-to is probably it.

> I've played for a few minutes using the
> How-To info to get an FTP session between HomeSite and Zope
> (on localhost).
> It kind of works but I can move files bi-directionally.

I'm assuming you mean you can't move file bi-directionally.

> Is there no other (easy, documented) way of efficiently
> editing html in
> Zope?

FTP is easy, it's just not documented.

> What is the community doing? You're not uploading via the Browse
> button in Manager, are you?

Some probably are.

> You're not really editing in the
> Manager, are
> you?

Many do.

> Did I miss something?

Probably not.  If you editor supports FTP or WebDAV, then you can use it
with Zope.  I use FTP with XEmacs all the time, it is my prefered editor
and my prefered way to edit methods and content in Zope.

-Michel