[Zope-dev] A little more debugging than I wanted

Ross Boylan RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:10:40 -0800

I have noticed that when I start debugging Zope it is often hard to turn
debugging off.  The "c" command to the debugger doesn't continue all the
way--in fact, sometimes it seems to be single-stepping through the code.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed a similar phenomenon, and if anyone has
any suggestions for a cure.

Background:
Zope 2.x on NT 4.0, SP4, AMD K6-2.
I start using the default start script, which uses -D.
In my python product, or sometimes in the Zope code, I insert
	import pdb
	pdb.set_trace()
I start a browser, and do something which makes the code with the breakpoint
get hit.
I debug for awhile--everything is normal.
I hit "c" (continue)
but I end up back in the debugger, typically somewhere in the object
publishing code.
Further "c"'s yield the same results (with pauses where I must send
something new from the browser).