[Zope-dev] Zope hanging on high loads

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:29:17 +0100

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Duncan Booth's letter:
> Although you don't say explicitly, I presume you are using Zope on
> NT. There are a few of us out there with the same problem as
> yourself. Basically as you have seen, sometime pcgi-wrapper hangs
> for no obvious reason.

sorry for the missing information. actually it is a Linux 2.2.13 on
a i386 Netfinity box.

> There are a few obvious bugs in pcgi-wrapper, but so far nobody I
> know of has been able to work out exactly why it is hanging.

I have found a mod_pcgi2 for apache that should bypass pcgi-wrapper,
has somebody some more information on it? I compiled it but I am
unable to use it to access zope pages. srm.conf and httpd.conf
examples would be wellcome... :)

> I use a workaround on my setup where I occasionally run a batch
> file that kills all pcgi-wrapper processes that have been running for
> more than 30 seconds, I can send you details if that would be of use.

mmm... we can do that but waht of the users waiting on the other end
of the connection? they have to reload and we prefer a less drastical
solution... anyway it is a good "patch" solution. I'll write some bash
scripts to do that. thank you,

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio