[Zope-dev] Zope hanging on high loads

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:15:01 +0100

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered John Glossner's letter:
> Federico / Duncan,
>
> Did either of you figure out if this is fixable?
>
> I recently moved my Zope site off my cable modem
> to an ISP. I expected far better performance so
> I monitored my account and found I have exactly
> the same problem. It is rather ironic that
> Medusa+Cable modem is faster than cgi+T3!

we *decreased* the number of threads. we also had a problem with
zope trying to connect to oracle and freezing when reaching the
maximum number of connection configured in oracle. now with less
threads we have higher performance: no more pcgi-wrapper(s)
hanging for minutes or until killed.

today i also tried mod_fastcgi for apache. tomorrow i'll install
it on one of the 4 production web servers and let you know.

ciao,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio