[Zope-dev] External Method Return value?

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:30:19 -0500

Clayton,

The resulting records are wrapped in a "Recordset" object (it's not
called that, it's called something else I think, but that's what it is),
so if you do something like this:

def emMyExternalMethod(team_id):
  score=[]
  member=[]
  recordset=self.sqlSelectSomething(team_id=team_id)
  for record in recordset:
    i = i + 1
    scores[i]=record.score
  return (scores)

Where "score", and "team_id" are columns in the relational database
you're looking at.  This is a fictional database and application, just
an example.

You can then return whatever you want (list, dictionary, string) to the
calling DTML method.  In this case we return a list (the scores list),
which can be looped through via dtml-in in the calling method.