[Zope-dev] Local ZClasses (Namespace pollution revisited)

Lalo Martins lalo@webcom.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:40:48 -0200

Is there any good reason why I can't just add a ZClass
somewhere outside a Product?

All we would need is a ``Local ZClass'' product that is really
a wrapped ZClass, and then make ObjectManager check in the
acquisition path for ZClasses in addition to the ones in the
Control Panel (it already does that if I understand
ObjectManager.all_meta_types correctly).

I can't think of any security problems offered by this, or any
other reasons not too. I may even code it myself, but I'd have
to learn the old python-based product API, so I'd be more
comfortable if someone more used to it and Zope internals gives
this a try.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----