[Zope-dev] Zope Futures discussion: your input

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:45:57 -0500

Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> i'll investigate Python Methods. and, from *my* point of view a more
> python-programmer oriented zope is better than a simplier but less
> powerfull one. IMHO; off course.

(Egads, I've become a lurker!)

Here's an interesting datapoint from the Zope Track this week.  I asked
a show of hands on two questions:

1) Who here didn't know Python before Zope?

2) Who found Zope within the last three months?

On both cases, almost half the hands went up.  IMO, Zope has an
opportunity to be meaningful to non-programmers, and more importantly,
has an opportunity for programmers to turn meaning (read: Zope Products)
over to non-programmers.

--Paul