[Zope-dev] DTML Method Namespace

Jason Orendorff jorend@yahoo.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:41:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi.  I'm new to Zope; I have a question (or perhaps a
rant) about
DTML methods and how names are looked up.

Suppose I have a folder with two methods:

MyFolder

 +--get_info

 +--show_info

The method 'show_info' takes some arguments from its
caller, and calls
'get_info' to get some data.

But it is impossible.  I do not know, in general,
where the caller is
calling from in the tree.  And since I inherit the
caller's namespace,
or whatever the caller feels like providing, there is
no way to get
to the get_info method, even though it is sitting
right there in
the same folder.

I suppose I can insist that the caller provide its
namespace to me.
But that seems rather demanding.

This is so frustrating -- I did many revisions of this
message to get
rid of all the allcaps and exclamation points.  :) Any
help is much
appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Jason Orendorff