[Zope-dev] How to insert time use mysql connection!

TMGB bennettt@am.appstate.edu
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:25:59 -0500

This works for me in a ZSQL method where NULL is the first field of the
database and that field is an auto increment integer.
Maybe you just need the quotes.

INSERT INTO askref VALUES
(NULL,"<dtml-var ZopeTime fmt="%Y-%m-%d">",
 "<dtml-var username>",
 "<dtml-var phone>",
 "<dtml-var email>",
 "<dtml-var affiliation>",
 "<dtml-var question>",
 'N',
 'N',
 "",
 "")

But I don't use the quotes in a dhtml page that shows the time to the
user.

<TABLE BORDER=0>
   <TR>
      <TD>
         The Date is:
      </TD>
      <TD>
      <dtml-var ZopeTime fmt="%Y-%m-%d">
      </TD>
   </TR>

Thomas

Victor.Zhai@ogilvy.com wrote:

>    In my project, I want to insert time flag to my Mysql database. I use the following method to do so. But it cannot work.
>    My Database structure is:
>
>     ... publishtime DATE NOT NULL ...
> To the User's guide of Mysql ,It is said that the format of Date is like: "2000-01-01". So I use <dtml-var Zopetime fmt="%Y-%m-%d">>
> Because the result is: "2000-01-01", just fit the format of requirment.
> I use it like this:
>
> <!--#sqlvar ProductDb.passcode type=nb optional-->,
>                   <dtml-var ZopeTime fmt="%Y-%m-%d">)
> But the result is: I see that the content of that field is: "0000-00-00".
> Can some one give me some advices!
>  Thanks a lot!
>
> "WorldSecure Server <ogilvy.com>" made the following
>  annotations on 01/31/00 06:44:31
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the Ogilvy Group shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II             University Library
bennettt@am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine