[Zope-dev] ZCatalog lexicon bug is back?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 08:49:35 +0100

"R. David Murray" wrote:
> This is distressing.  I'm building a new shopping cart site, and
> doing it under 2.2.0 CVS (as of 7/1).  I've added four items.
> If I search for certain keywords that I know only appear on one
> item, I get two items returned.  The other item has no trace of
> the specified keyword.  This sounds very much like the bug that
> Michel Pelletier found and fixed in Lexicon.py a while back.  As
> someone on the list pointed out, Michel's fix was overwritten in
> the CVS by another version of the routine, which it *looked* as if
> would also fix the bug.  This is the code I now see in my image.

I seem to remember Michel being a little less than happy when he saw
that code.

Quite frankly, I still don't have much confidence in (Z)Catalog (still
no docs for all the cool stuff, dodgy bugs and few responses when
they're raised...) which is a shame since it's Zope full text searching
mechanism...

Chris

PS: If that doesn't get a response, I give up ;-)