[Zope-dev] Overriding a method in an instance.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:30:57 +0100

Monty Taylor wrote:
> Make a folder that contains the overridden methods and call things
> through the context of that folder.

Neat trick :-)
We love acquisiton, but it won't quite do it :(
The default index_html will get called, unless you put /folder/ on the
end of your URL. which is horrible :(

> In the case of what it seems you want to do I'd say sub-classing is going
> to be your real answer.

Actually, the more important case is for Trackers, where you probably
want them to look/act differently on an instance by instance basis.

This is mainly for presentation methods, but there's no reason if it's
solved for them, it can't be used for any other methods...

I imagine it'd need playing with python name spaces and/or acquisition
to implement, but might well be worth it.

cheers,

Chris

PS: For acquisiton, is it context before containment or containment
before cotext?