[Zope-dev] zope and UNIX permissions

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:34:47 -0400

Which files?  Know that if you untar as root, the files will be 'owned'
by whoever tarred it up on our side.  Untar it as a normal user.  Reset
the permissions of the ones you find too permissive.  Then let us know
so we can change the distribution.

-----Original Message-----
From: Leonardo Kenji Shikida [mailto:kenji@intelligenesis.net]
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 7:15 PM
To: zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-dev] zope and UNIX permissions

We tried to install zope using its tar.gz file and it created a lot of
files with non-default users and with very permissive permissions on a
linux box (like 777 permissions for many files).

This is a HUGE security hole. We couldn't install the RPMs files on our
webserver. Is there any decent zope source code distribution?

thanks in advance

K.