[Zope-dev] zope and UNIX permissions

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:02:29 -0400

Using gnutar, untarring as the root user preserves ownership on
expansion by default.  Not sure if FreeBSD uses gnutar (I imagine not),
but this is the case with gnutar under Linux.  I think this is what
happened to him... he said he could not use the RPM release and was
working with the source distribution, so I don't think the problem is
with the RPM.