[Zope-dev] Errors causing half rendered pages

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:16:33 +0200

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 10:38:41PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Dieter Maurer wrote:
> > I saw this only when buggy HTML was generated.
> > When I viewed the HTML source my Netscape browser sometimes
> > showed me blinking parts that located the errors.
>
> Nope, this was with IE...
>
> I viewed source and sure enough, it ended after a few lines.
>
> I guess it might have something to dop with streaming HTTP output, but I
> don't think Zope uses that...
>
> Ideas anyone?

THis rings vague bells of IIS or some other proxy server or somthing
converting LF tp CRLF but not updating the Content-Length header, thus having
your browser drop part of the transmission.

I could be talking absolute nonsense of course.

--
Martijn Pieters