[Zope-dev] Problem acquiring via a newly created object

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:51:28 -0400

Richard Barrett wrote:
> I'm using the following python expression in the manage_addFolder and
> manage_addDocument functions to determine the location in the file
> system for the RCS backup of the data.
>
> rcspath = os.path.normpath(getattr(self, 'website_RCS_root') + \
>                             '/' + self.absolute_url(1) + \
>                             '/' + ob.id)
>
> As you can see it depends an acquiring the value of the
> 'website_RCS_root' attribute from its containment environment.

I believe this may work better in Zope 2.2.0--or perhaps the latest
CVS.  Jim made some changes to FactoryDispatcher that involve the
factory method's "self" argument.  Try it out.

Shane