[Zope-dev] ZODB on MacOS?

Tom Loredo loredo@spacenet.tn.cornell.edu
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:49:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks-

I am aware that Zope as a whole cannot be compiled on the Mac.  But
does anyone know the situation for the components used by ZODB alone?
I have heard that threading was the main obstacle to a Mac compile
of Zope.  Does ZODB use threading?  I have experience building NumPy
C extensions on the Mac, so if all that is involved is identifying
the appropriate modules and creating CodeWarrior projects to build
them, I will attempt a Mac build of ZODB.  But if anyone knows of
serious obstacles, I'd rather not waste my time rediscovering them!

Thanks,
Tom Loredo