[Zope-dev] Quickie on ZPatterns ... I promise :)

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 02:40:38 -0600

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> Bill Anderson wrote:
> >
> > Let's say I have an object I will store in a rack. Let us say I want this object to be
> > cataloged in a ZCatalog. Any caveats I need to know about
> > ..such as "Don't do that!" ?
> > ?;^)=
>
> You can't have them inherit from CatalogAware, you'll need to use a trigger
> that does this for you.  I'm uploading a Product that gives this capability
> - and unlike CatalogAware, it recatalogs *automatically* whenever the object
> changes.  No more object_reindex! (I only tested extensively with DataSkins,
> though).
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/itamar/ZPAddons

Cool! I'll check it out today/tomorrow.

Now if only I could figure out how to change user.__roles in Membership, I'd have a really
cool Memebrship Release ready :-)

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.