[Zope-dev] Stuff hanging off user not in cookies

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:35:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> > I'm thinking of the dimensions/etc of the edit boxes and the
> > like. I do
> > a lot of work through virtual domains and it's a real pain having to
> > resize that edit box every time I log in through a different domain or
> > on a different computer...
>
> Have you looked at the "Better User Management" proposal? One
> aspect of it is a better level of lowest-common-denominator
> support for extended attributes. I think that a prerequisite

On the other hand, Chris's specific proposal has some problems <grin>.
Suppose I'm running Netscape in view and IE in another...I don't
want the same size edit box in both...nor do I necessarily even if
I just have more than one window of the same kind of browser open.
This whole issue is a user preference thing, so you really ought
to support a 'default' setting and a 'this screen' setting.  (And
while we're at it, those buttons ought to be some sort of image
map or multi-button scale bar so you could just click to the size
you want instead of having to click-wait-click-wait-click-wait....)

Actually, I use w3m, so in reality I don't *care* what the size of
the edit box is, so don't tell me that patches are accepted <grin>.

--RDM