[Zope-dev] Ids starting with _

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:13:36 +0100

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> Almost all zope-manageable classes (and certainly Folders, that Dieter
> mentioned) use the old rule. This happens because they derive from
> SimpleItem.Item, which has __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__=1

1) Why does SimpleItem still have this?! Since so much, IIRC, is derived
from SimpleItem.Item, surely this goes very much against the grain of
'everything should be protected unless I say otherwise'?

2) Why does having __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__=1 mean
that the 'start with _ = hidden/no DTML, no web Access' ruel applies?

cheers,

Chris