[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] HappySession 0.1.0 released!

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar@maxnm.com
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 10:18:24 +0300

Hung Jung Lu wrote:

> I have been using RAM-based session management for a while, but never wrote
> a product for it. Since Graham Chiu has mentioned it again about making a
> real product, I have taken the time to make one, and called it HappySession.
> :) Well, in short, it uses cookie for session id, you specify a maximum
> session expiration time, and expired session data are automatically deleted.
> It's Zope-transaction-aware.

I'd be very grateful for a description of how you built the session server
in combination with persistence, transactions, and the fact that each thread
has it's own copy of data.

If I understood correctly, the references to the server are stored in the
class (which I assume is global for all Zope threads.)

--
Itamar S.T.  itamar@maxnm.com
"It don't get thingier than that!"