[Zope-dev] Request for comments: Directory storage

Petru Paler ppetru@coltronix.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:25:59 +0300 (EEST)

> >          Hello all,
> >
> >   You probably saw my yesterday post with the first alpha of
> >ReiserStorage.
>
> Woohoo!
>
> Id like to try this on NT with NTFS too (which has similar performance
> characteristics with big directories and small files). Do you think
> this is worth a try, or does your ReiserStorage use other
> Unix-specific tricks?

    The version I sent to the list assumes a '/' directory separator. I'm
releasing a fixed version (a snapshot of my working code) in a couple of
seconds.
    I do think it's worth a try, but I doubt NTFS is as good as ReiserFS
:)

-Petru