[Zope-dev] assigning proxy roles from python product, take 2

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 00:22:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm.  No takers the first time.

Quick review: python product, product instantiates a DTML method
and tries to assign it a proxy role.  Proxy role gets assigned,
but a 'manager' account can no longer access the method, though
superuser can.  Zope 2.1.6.

I played with the product some more, moving some stuff around, and
this time when I instantiated it, the proxy role no longer seems
to be working (I get a login box when I try to dereference the
method).  The manager/superuser behavior is the same.

The folder is created using newWampumboxF = Folder().  Then a
method named processCCTrans is added to this folder using a
manage_addDocument call.  That obviously works fine.  I then try
to add the proxy role by doing the following:

x=newWampumboxF.processCCTrans
x._proxy_roles=('Manager',)
newWampumboxF.processCCTrans=x

It seems to me from my reading of the code that this should be
equivalent to what manage_proxy does, though obviously
without the through-the-web security checks.  But the end
result is a DTML method that I can only view as superuser,
but that has Manager checked in its 'proxy' management screen
(as well as a perfectly normal appearing security page).

Any guesses?  Any suggestions for experiements to run, even?

--RDM