[Zope-dev] SOLVED: broken products after update

Doug Wyatt doug@sonosphere.com
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:07:25 -0400

OK, I finally dug far enough through the list archives to find a
suggestion that worked.  My old Zope had lots of products installed.
I wasn't using a lot of them, so I didn't install them into the new
Zope.  To solve the problem, I had to delete from the database the
products that were no longer installed.  To be able to delete
ZDiscussions (I think it was), I had to actually copy Products/ZDBase
into the new installation.  Then I could delete the products that
depended on it.

Now that the database no longer refers to products which are no
longer installed, all is well.

I seem to remember a comment somewhere, saying that this was on DC's
radar as something to fix.  Please :-)

Thanks,

Doug

- - - - -

Hi,

I just updated from Zope 2.0.1 to 2.1.6.  All of the Python-based
products I was using previously have been migrated successfully.

But I have a number of products that I created with ZClasses.  I can
examine these products in the control panel, and everything is there
and looks fine, but all of these classes' object instances are
broken.  I get this message when clicking on one in the management
interface:

"This object is broken because the unknown product that created it is
no longer installed or is installed incorrectly. Please contact your
product vendor for assistance."

"Note that the data associated with this product has not been lost,
and will be accessible again if the product is reinstalled."

I'll keep digging for documentation I may have missed, but I'd really
appreciate some help.

Doug
(would appreciate copies by private email as I am on the digest)

--
Doug Wyatt                             doug@sonosphere.com
http://www.sonosphere.com/