[Zope-dev] Folderish Objects and their contained objects

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:21:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Stephan Richter wrote:
> Right now I am developing that Product for a specific purpose, but I see
> great potential in generalizing it, so that all types of Zope objects can
> be saved in a database table. This would be different from the current
> SQLStorage product though, since it does not save pickle files in the DB,
> but the actual values with their correct type, which would make it much faster.

Sounds like you ought to look at ZPatterns for a different approach
to solving the same problem, and at the recently announced
Traversable mixin (may have been renamed) to solve your immediate
problem.

--RDM