[Zope-dev] Re: Problem importing Membership alpha

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 13:52:43 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ty Sarna" <tsarna@endicor.com>
Newsgroups: zope.dev
To: <zope-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Problem importing Membership alpha

> In article <001301bfd606$ad3a7320$7b5addc7@laptop>,
> Kevin Dangoor <kid@kendermedia.com> wrote:
> > I created it using the CVS version of Zope... I didn't *think* there was
> > anything 2.2 specific going on, but apparently there is.
> >
> > I just took a look around. It appears that the current version of
> > LoginManager uses the Owned module to import "UnownableOwner". I guess
> > that's so it can create the default methods.
> >
> > It looks like the current LoginManager is 2.2 only then.
>
> ?? It does:
>
> # Support Zope-2.2a1 onwership foo
> try:
>     from AccessControl.Owned import UnownableOwner
> except ImportError:
>     UnownableOwner=None
>
> Specifically to be compatible with both, and we're using it on 2.1.6!

D'oh! That's what I get for doing a grep and not looking at the context...

I had looked at the .zexp file using less, and didn't see "Owned"
anywhere... using vi I found a reference to AccessControl.Owned, however...

So, it looks like it's the MembershipZ Product that requires 2.2.
Unfortunately, I don't know that there is any way to change this, despite
the fact that I'm not really using 2.2 features...

I've updated the page for the Product to reflect this requirement.

Kevin