[Zope-dev] 2.2 or Membership Component alpha problem, and suggestions for the latter latter

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:06:39 -0600

OK, first, a tip I learned earlier today (and couldn't find the answer
for):

Problem:
If you try to add a membership system to your root folder, and it has an
acl_users folder, you will not succeed in adding it, ecause it will
complain about mismatched passwords (or at least it did for me).

Solution:
Delete the acl_users fodler first.

Now, onto the current issue. I have some DTML that adds ZClass
instances. The Member user has the appropriate roles, yet is refused.

The forbidden page tells me I need Manager role. Now, why is this? In
particular, I am using the MeetingManagement product. It works fine in
2.1.6. I think it is related to the security changes in 2.2. Problem is,
even adding proxy roles for the methods in the chain changes nothing.

Here is the big kicker. If I sign up as an  anonymous(!) user, it works
as it is supposed to. It only barfs when I am logged in as a
'Member'...Help?

Now, a suggestion for Kevin:
It would be nice if there was user management for the Membership
component's default setup. I am sure you're thinking about it, but
thought I'd let you know it is needed :)  Specifically, there should be
some way that the site manager can modify theroles of the users, reset
passwords, and DELETE them as needed. Any ideas/work being done for
this?

Otherwise, the MembershipZ component is working flawlessly!