[Zope-dev] Unpickleable Error

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:53:16 -0400

> So, I'm getting this error when trying to use one of my Products under
> Zope 2.2b1:
>
>   Error Type: UnpickleableError
>   Error Value: Cannot pickle <type 'StringO'> objects
>
> What exactly is a StringO object, and why can't it be
> pickled/unpickled?  It worked fine under 2.1, so I'm assuming
> there have
> been changes to the pickling routines that haven't been completely
> cleaned up yet?

There shouldn't be any changes at all happening to any of the pickling
machinery... A 'StringO' object is what you get when you use
cStringIO.StringIO. Is your product using cStringIO for anything? If
not, it would be best to trace this in the debugger to see what is
trying to pickle a StringO...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909