[Zope-dev] Error running on port 80, different IP than default

Thomas Weholt Thomas@cintra.no
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:33:24 +0200

Hi,

Just installed zope from source on a fresh Linux-box. Defined a zope-user
and a zope-group to run Zope and everything works just fine if a run it with
the default z2.py. I want to run it on a different ip, an alias to eth0,
and on port 80. But when I change z2.py to reflect this I get an error
running start in the Zope-folder.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/Zope/z2.py", line 493, in ?
    logger_object=lg)
  File "/usr/local/Zope/ZServer/medusa/http_server.py", line 552, in
__init__
    self.bind ((ip, port))
  File "/usr/local/Zope/ZServer/medusa/asyncore.py", line 205, in bind
    return self.socket.bind (addr)
socket.error: (13, 'Permission denied')

I guess it`s cuz the zope user don`t have permission to bind to
ip-interfaces and/or ports under 1024(?), but how do I fix this? I need to
run it on a specified ip and port 80.
This could be off-topic, a Linux problem, but I need serious help on this
one.

Thanks.

Thomas Weholt