[Zope-dev] ZEO on NT?

julio dinis juliodinis@hotmail.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:10:42 PDT

Hello zopistas!

I've tested zeo on linux and it works really great!! ZEO is
very good!

Now I'm having some problems installing on NT.

I can put two ClientStorage connected to the StorageServer, but
only the one I first start can write to the StorageServer. The
second Client cant write and neither see the changes made by Client one.
This is the kind of trouble one get if start two zopes with
data_dir pointing to the same Data.fs, competing writes
(ZODB.POSException.ConflictError). So ZEO is
being ignored somewhere.

The ZEO/start.py script calls getppid() which is a OS module method
only available on Unix. What I did was call instead the getpid() method
which is available on Unix and NT.
This is the only change I made different from the linux setup of ZEO,
and I dont think this is the problem.

Does anyone know, or has already been discussed if ZEO Alpha is
to run on NT also?

Best Regards,
Júlio Dinis Silva