[Zope-dev] ZEO on NT? update

julio dinis juliodinis@hotmail.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:05:07 PDT

Ok. :-)

Continuing with the ZODB.POSException.Conflit...

Now I know the problem with Zeo on NT is with the ClientStorage
and not with the ServerStorage.
You ask why? Because Ive tested different setup to come to this
conclusion.

ZSS - Zeo Storage Server
ZCS - Zeo Client Storage

1- First setup:

Machine 1: Running ZSS on NT
Machine 2: Runninc ZCS on NT
Machine 3: Running ZCS on NT

Conclusion: with this setup clients ARE NOT able to view/write changes
to objects changed by other clients.

2- Second Setup:

Machine 1: Running ZSS on Linux
Machine 2: Runninc ZCS on NT
Machine 3: Running ZCS on NT

Conclusion: with this setup clients ARE NOT able to view/write changes
to objects changed by other clients.

3- third Setup:

Machine 1: Running ZSS on NT
Machine 2: Runninc ZCS on Linux
Machine 3: Running ZCS on Linux

Conclusion: with this setup clients ARE able to view/write changes
to objects changed by other clients.

4- Fourth Setup:

Machine 1: Running ZSS on NT
Machine 2: Runninc ZCS on Linux
Machine 3: Running ZCS on Linux
Machine 4: Running ZCS on NT
Machine 5: Running ZCS on NT

Conclusion: with this setup ALL LINUX clients ARE able to view/write changes
to objects changed by other clients. All NT clients ARE NOT able to
view/write objects changed by other clients.

NT clients can view/write objects that have never been changed. But
cant viewchanges/change objects changed by other clients. However
linux clients can viewchanges/change objects changed by other NT and Linux
clients.

So my conclusion is that there is a problem with Zeo Clients on NT.
And I guess is related with the invalidator, the NT clients cant
see changes others do to objects, or something is just a guess.
I'm using cPickle.pyd which is cPickle.so on Linux. Maybe there
is a diference with this shared object from Linux to Nt.

I'm using the win32 version of Zope2.2.0b1, and ZEO-0.2.

Ok, ./dig_resume

Julio Dinis Silva