[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] Please test this Zope 2.2 beta 1 ZSQLMethods fix...

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:27:29 -0400

> BUT, the BIG problem I'm having is still with the external method in
> courseList.py.
>
> <snip>
>
> Any ideas?  Now, it could just be my programming.  With the
> new 2.2 version
> I may need to add security information to each object (which
> I don't know
> how to do).  Right now I'm just starting with a blank class
> and adding a few
> properties to it.  Zope may be looking at it and thinking,
> "What the heck is
> this thing?"  The idea was to trick Zope into thinking it was
> a Z SQL query;
> perhaps 2.2 isn't so easily fooled...?

I think that you have hit it on the head - we're trying *hard* to
make Zope harder to fool :^) Try adding the following to your
class statement, for example:

class MyClass:

  __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__=1

  def __init(self, foo):

...You'll need to restart Zope for this to take effect.

Hope this helps!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909