[Zope-dev] EMarket and 2.2.0b3

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:01:32 -0400 (EDT)

OK, so I didn't get very far in tracking down what inside EMarket
is triggering the wierd auth behavior, because I had to run a bunch
of tests against b3, where the behavior has changed from that of b2.

For this testing my method of determining if "things are weird" is
to see if I get prompted for authentication if I access the
"/manage_main" URL.  Weird means I don't get prompted.

Under b2, installing EMarket with a dummy empty __init__.py file
caused the weird behavour.  Under b3, that test does not.  However,
the EMarket __init__.py file with any of the imports for the submodules
uncommented *does* cause the weird behavior.  Farther than that I haven't
gotten yet.

My tests give me some other interesting things to report, however.
After installing b3, I confirm that the site is working and I can
view the root index_html file normally.  If I then copy my test
Data.fs from the b2 installation, the b3 instance fails to show
the root index_html, giving an error message of a key error on URL
on the last line of traverse in BaseRequest.py.  Now here's the
weird thing: if I then *delete* the Data.fs file, and restart Zope,
*I continue to get that same error*.  I didn't try to track that
any further, but it unnerves me.

Second, the patch, supplied by someone else, that I reposted here
that fixed the "a_" KeyError after EMarket was installed in b2, if
applied to b3 *causes* that "a_" error to appear.  Since this
patch was reportedly added to the CVS, I think there is something
here that needs to get cleared up before 2.2 final.

I'll work on this some more tomorrow, but so far I'm nowhere near
finding what code might be involved in this set of errors.

Has anyone seen the aforementioned "weird problem" with any products
other than EMarket and eTailor?

--RDM