[Zope-dev] NEW db

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:39:46 -0500

> Has anyone at DC given any thought to a version of Zope
> specifically for the reiserfs file sytem using the file
> system itself for
> data storage? I think that would rock! Unfortunately, it is
> above my current skill level or I would try it myself.
>
> Comments?

I've heard this suggested before. I don't know a whole lot
about reiserfs (but hey, thats never stopped me before!),
but it seems like an interesting concept. We at DC probably
wouldn't be able to invest any time into looking at reiserfs
unless it was part of a consulting contract, but "at a glance"
it seems like such a thing should not be much more difficult
than any other alternative storage layer for ZODB (RDBMS, etc.)

We would be more than happy to provide what guidance we can to
any enterprising Zopistas that might want to tackle such a
beast though. I know that there is at least one other alternative
storage implementation out there (Ty Sarna's BerkleyStorage), so
looking at that would probably be a good place to start for anyone
interested.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909