[Zope-dev] Test to see if an item is a list

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 18:47:52 GMT

Actually with the purpose I have in mind, I have to use the klunky notation
because I am nesting sequences.  I new there was a reason that I passed
over that simple explanation.

BTW to test for a list I used try/except in DTML one line

    <dtml-try "REQUEST.form.values()[a][2]">

or in your other case

    <dtml-try "_['sequence-item'][2]">

If it can slice then it's a list or dictionary, and since DTML properties
can only store strings, integers, flots, text and lists (tokens/lines),
then that works for passing previous inputs from forms.

All my best,

Sam Gendler writes:

> Jason.  I am very interested in the answer to this, but I don't have the
> bandwidth to read the list right now.  Could you forward any response to
> my address, please?  Thanks.
> By the way, I was able to do the following, to simplify your previous
> problem.
>
> <dtml-in "REQUEST.form.items()">
>   <dtml-var sequence-key> is the name
>   <dtml-var sequence-item> is the value
> </dtml-in>
>
> --sam
>
> Jason Spisak wrote:
> >
> > Zopists,
> >
> > Does anyone know a test to see is an item is a list?
> >     <dtml-if "REQUEST.form.keys()[a] is list">
> >
> > All my best,
> >
> > --
> > Jason Spisak
> > 444@hiretechs.com