[Zope-dev] Errors in Zope

Petr Knapek knapek@knapek.pvt.net
03 Mar 2000 14:32:30 +0100

    PH> Petr, Generally the traceback is put into comments within the
    PH> html for the error page, so viewing the source of the error
    PH> document shows you the traceback from Zope.

Phil,
of course I know this. But my question/suggestion was little bit
different. Try this:
Eg. in a DTML Document ('pokus') put <dtml-var a>, and of course the variable 'a' is
not in namespace to raise the error. When the Publisher tries to render
Doc, the error is raised. See traceback at the end. And I would like to
see in the traceback (it woul be the best) also this:

Error occured in the line number 'nn' of object 'pokus' (DTML Document
template) - or something similar.
The information concerning the line number is the most important for
me. And this I can't see in attached traceback.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in publish_module
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in publish
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: pokus)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in call_object
    (Object: pokus)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLDocument.py, line 166, in __call__
    (Object: pokus)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 502, in __call__
    (Object: pokus)
KeyError: (see above)