[Zope-dev] ZCatalog, import errors, and indexing errors

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:56:21 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> > 1) what is the practical limit on the number of entries in a folder,
> >         and is there some way to get around this for instances where
> >         you want to use the ZODB as a database for a large number
> >         of records?
>
> You need a more practical kind of ObjectManager, like one based on
> BTree.

Have you experimented with a deeper level hierarchy than a single folder?
I hope that spliting it up in 3 levels should be fine (even 2 possibly)
... I really hope so as a site am currently building was based on that
assumption!

Pavlos