[Zope-dev] unpickleable error

auto44082@hushmail.com auto44082@hushmail.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:44:02 -0800 (PST)

I posted the whole problem to the list earlier but had no takers. So I'm
trying to break it down and figure it out that way.

Does anyone know what causes unpickleable errors? I've got a dtml-method
which gets called from another dtml-method/form where a user enter's data.
(namely a file to upload, and a check box indicating whether or not they
want the file converted). All my dtml method does is change data in a few
already-defined properties. I've commented out my dtml statements and put
them back in one at a time, to see if I can isolate the one which is causing
the error. Here it  is:

<dtml-call "manage_changeProperties(upload_file=REQUEST['new_file'],)">

"new_file" is the name of an input field of type "file" in the form the
dtml method containing the line above was called from. If i replace the
line above with the following:

<dtml-call "manage_changeProperties(upload_file='This is a test',)">

things work fine. However, as it is, I get an Unpickleable Error (see traceback
below). I'm not sure what difference it makes, but the file I'm supposedly
uploading is a MSWord Document.

Does anyone have ideas? Thanks!

-Andy

Error Type: UnpickleableError
Error Value: Cannot pickle objects

----------

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in publish_module
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: asdf)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 169, in publish
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 237, in commit
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 325, in commit
    (Info: (('*sznqgGH9XT1HaHOlGQ5Zsg==', 'SmartDTML'), '\000\000\000\000\000\000\002h',
 ''))
UnpickleableError: (see above)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.