[Zope-dev] urg

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:10:07 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Something I forgot in my previous response: Tom, instead of struggling
> with ZClasses for whatever you want to do, it may be easier to go to
> Python based products completely (or at least Python base classes to
> ZClasses). While you may run into odd problems there too, at least you
> won't have the ZClasses to confuse you further.
>
> Of course, I'm speaking as someone who is already quite familiar with
> Python, and you're not, so this may be bad advice for you. :)

On the other hand, what Tom is trying to accomplish in ZClasses sounds
very complicated to me. Tom, what you want to do will most probably
require both ZClass and Python knowledge. There is a limit to what you
can do with ZClasses, I'm afraid, and influencing the underlying  python
classes is beyond that limit.

Rik