[Zope-dev] urg

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:45:27 +0100

Tom Deprez wrote:

> Grok, this was were I'm afraid for, I don't understand what you guru's are
> talking of :-(. I can follow partly, but not the essence. But, thanks for
> giving me a solution. It's better to know that you still have to learn much
> then just getting the answer that it isn't possible.
>
> Since I haven't asked this q'n directly here -the question which has given
> me already 3 days of headache-, perhaps some of you can share me your idea
> on how to solve this problem. (The q'ns I asked before on this list are
> directly descending from this q'n):
>
> How can a ZClass know when it is moved and how can you add some code to it,
> so this code is executed when the ZClass is moved.

As far a ZCatalog is concerned I do not know (I actually thought it did
uncatalog catalog aware objects itself).

Quoting from your other post:
"A knowledge base system which automatically cataloges itself into the
catalog (so they should descent from CatalogAware). A KBItem can only
exist
in a KBFolder. The KBItem is cataloged on a property of the KBItem. The
property will contain a string with the names of its parent KBFolder,
parent-parent KBFolder, etc. This way, no special handling has to be
done
to create certain KB categories. The KBFolders itself are the
categories.
One problem to achieve this is to find a way how the 'cataloged
property'
of a KBItem instance can be updated when it is added and moved."

But reading this carefully:

- When a KBItem already is inside a KBFolder and the KBFolder is its
category, then why go into the trouble of creating/updating properties.
THis is information replication, which you should avoid
I would think a simple <dtml-var
"<specificKBFolder>.objectValues(['KBItem'])"> will get you all the
items you want for a specific category.
You may need a Catalog to do more complicated things, but you will have
to be more specific for us to be able to help you.

Rik